The explosives and narcotics detector, also known as a drug and explosives detector, detects the presence of explosives, drugs and prohibited chemicals without opening the outer packaging of the object to be detected. The explosives and drugs detector (bomb detector) is an inspection device that detects explosives and analyses and identifies their type by collecting fine particles or traces of vapor in the air or on the surface of the object to be detected. The main applications are: searching for illegal drugs; checking passengers, luggage and parcels for the presence and concealment of different types of explosives; forensic analysis of explosion scenes; and detecting unexploded ordnance underground.
Basic principles of explosives and drugs detectors:
In the detection of drugs and explosives, the number of samples of substances that can be collected is very small and the general physical and chemical methods cannot effectively analyse the samples and currently only ion mobility spectroscopy (IMS) techniques can be used to identify various substances.
The basic principles of detection are based on the following facts.
(1) Many chemical substances emit vapours or particles which are adsorbed or adhered to the surfaces of the materials they come into contact with (clothing, luggage, skin, containers, paper, etc.).
(2) These trace substances can be collected by means of vacuum adsorption or by wiping the surface.
(3) These chemicals can be desorbed from the materials they come into contact with by heating (turning them into vapour), even in very small quantities of residues.
(4) In an electric field, the ions will move to a certain level of the field at a rate that depends on the structure and size of the ions. With effective control over the strength of the electric field, each ion has a specific rate of movement, similar to a human fingerprint, which can be used to identify the original substance that produced each ion.
The basic principles of explosives and narcotics detectors:
A suspect who has been exposed to explosives or drugs will have tiny particles of these explosives or drugs on his or her skin. When the suspect then comes into contact with other items, such as boxes, packages or clothing, the particles are contaminated onto the surface of these substances through fingerprints. At room temperature, these tiny particles will naturally evaporate into vapour, and security personnel collect these tiny particles or vapour on the surface of these substances using a sampling tool, which is analyzed using an explosives detector.
The IMS technique involves first heating the sample to be analysed so that the collected chemical becomes gaseous; the gaseous chemical is then carried into a reaction zone by a stream of clean, dry air as a carrier. The reaction zone has a weak source of radioiodination, a nickel 63 (63Ni) beta-ray emitter. b-particles collide with gas particles in the sample stream to form positive and negative ions. Explosives form negative ions and most drugs such as heroin and cocaine form positive ions.
An electric field is applied along the entire length of the IMS. The polarity of this field can be positive or negative, as determined by the type of substance being detected. Ions of the correct polarity are allowed to pass through an opening in the control grid and move from the reaction zone towards the drift zone.
The different ions drift at different, but specific, speeds and reach the collector electrodes at different drift times. Ions with different masses will thus produce a drift pattern, or waveform or plasma pattern.
Securina SD300A portable explosive/narcotics trace detector is a narcotics and explosives detection device independently designed and manufactured by Securina Detection System Co., Limited. Based on the principle of ion mobility spectrometry, it can accurately detect particles or vapor of trace amounts of explosives and narcotics, and give the ingredient names.
The bomb detector is small size and light, portable for carry. With low false alarm rate, low power consumption, easy to use and maintain, it features user-friendly and environmentally friendly, and produces fast and unambiguous results.
Due to the superior technical features and specifications including fast response, high precision, low power consumption, easy to operate and maintain, the detector is widely used for dangerous goods detection in airports, ports, customs checkpoints, border crossings, and crowd-gathered places, or used as a tool for forensic evidence examination and identification.
SD300A Bomb Detector with Key Features:
1) Dual-mode Settings
The explosive detector combines the positive and negative two modes inside, which are respectively for the detection of explosives and narcotics
2) One-touch Detection
One-touch detection, easy to operate
3) Precise Detection
Based on Ion mobility spectrometry technology, in practice, the instrument doesn’t need touch directly the dangerous target from the package to make a test. Target particles can be collected on clean and new traps by hand-wiping suspect with the trap, to facilitate a simple and precise detection.
4) Accurate Identification
The instrument/bomb detector is able to accurately identify the name and ingredient name of dangerous materials.
5) Speedy Analysis
Fast response, can give test result within 3 seconds
6) Automatic Calibration
The instrument(explosive detector) is adaptive to various external environment changes with automatic calibration function
7) Automatic Cleaning
With automatic cleaning function, after overload detection, the instrument can quickly and easily clean itself
8) Automatic Diagnosis
With automatic fault diagnosis function, and real-time warning, the user can identify whether the instrument operate properly
9) Automatic Printing
With print function, the user can easily print out the content when necessary
10) Real-time Updates
With an open date base, the sample data can be upgraded at any time;
11) Real-time Storage
With real-time data storage, retrieval, export and other functions, the storage capacity is not less than 1 million
12) Real-time Positioning
with GPS positioning capabilities, the instrument is able to tell the user where it is located real-timely;
13) Remote Monitoring
Remote status monitoring, result viewing, fault diagnosis and other functions can be realized through the network
14) Full Color Screen
Equipped with 5.6 inch TFT color touch screen
15) Low cost Consumables
Molecular sieve-based desiccant is low cost and easy to replace
16) Strong Packaging
Goods packed by safety box with lining inside, with firm master carton outside
17) Carefree After-sale Service
24-hour service call at any time to provide technical support for customers. Contact your sales team if any engineering support required for installation and maintenance
Narcotics detectable list
1. COCAINE 2. HEROIN 3. THC (cannabis) 4. METHAM(Methamphetamine) 5. Ketamine hydrochloride (K powder) 6. Morphine hydrochloride (morphine) 7. ethidine 8. Ecstasy (MDA) 9. Papaverine 10. Ecstasy (MDMA) 11. Methyl ephedrine 12. Metformin 13. Synthetic ephedrine (K2) 14. Shakeballs (lysergic acid diethylamide, LSD) 15. Triazolam 16. Pentachlorophenol 17. Amphetamine 18. Fentanyl 19. Diazepam 20. Phencyclidine (PCP) 21. N-ethyl-1- (3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl) -2-propylamine (MDEA) 22. Cassione 23. Dihydroetorphine Hydrochloride (DHE)
Explosives detectable list:
1. TNT (Trinitrotoluene) 2. RDX (Cyclotrimethylene trinitramine (C4)) 3. PETN (Pentaerythritol tetranitrate) 4. NITRO (nitroglycerine, ethylene glycol dinitrate) 5. AM NO3 (ammonium nitrate) 6. Black powder (sulphur) 7. 2,4- Dinitrotoluene 8. Tetry 9. Octogen 10. Picric acid 11. NA 12. Composition C-4 13. Semtex 14. TATP 15. HMTD 16. Nitroguanidine 17. HNS 18. EGDN 19. DEGDN 20. PGDN 21. 3,4- Dinitrotoluene 22. 2,6- Dinitrotoluene 23. 3,5- Dinitrotoluene 24. 2,3- Dinitrotoluene 25. 2,5- Dinitrotoluene 26. 1,3,5- trinitrobenzene 27. 2,4,6- trinitrobenzene 28. 4-nitrotoluene 29. 2,3-dinitrobenzene; 2,3 Dimethylbutane 30. PYX 31. 2. 4. 6- TATB
Basics information of SD300A explosive and drug detector :
Ø Accuracy rate: ≥ 99%
Ø False alarm rate: ＜1%
Ø Detection limit: 50pg cocaine hydrochloride; 50pg TNT
Ø Analysis time ≤ 3 seconds
Ø Warm up time ＜5 minutes
Ø Alarm Recovery time ＜15s
Ø Working environment -20℃～60℃ 99% relatively humidity
Ø Battery Lithium: battery pack 14.8V/6700mAh
Ø Continuous power: supply no less than 3 hours
Ø Outside dimensions: 290mm(L)× 170 mm(W)× 145 mm(H)
Securina is a professional manufacturer of security screening system and metal detector in China. Specialized in producing: security x-ray airport scanner, walk through metal detectors, handheld metal detectors, industrial food metal detectors, under vehicle inspection system, search cameras, search mirror, explosive and narcotics detection system, explosive disposal devices, explosion suppression blanket, total containment vessels.